Pages

Monday 28 July 2014

My Small Moment

Bragging Rights

The  pride of my team is on the line. All in for nothing but this time, its bragging rights.


6 am ticks by. Everyone in my family was rushing out of bed and into the lounge to watch the World Cup final in Brazil. I watched the third place match  where  the host, Brazil locked horns with the Netherlands but the final was more intense  for me. I saw  the best player in the world, Messi and his team Argentina. Germany had  defeated Argentina in 1990 world cup final . I  was asking myself “is this what is going to happen? Argentina losing again or end their streak of losing  to Germany by defeating them once and for all?”

The Match started, most of the Argentine  fans were  only wearing one number, that  number was the number 10. Just 25 minutes later Germany had  missed all of their 4 attempts at goal  because of the veteran goalkeeper Argentina had. His name was Sergio Romero.” Swish” the ball went through the net I was screaming like I had just been scared to death but everything went horrible, the goal was denied by the match referee because it was offside. Trying to calm myself, my family left  the room in horror.
                                                                                                             

As Full time approached, both teams were  still scoreless after 90 minutes.  Both  teams  missed every opportunity they had been given. In Extra time right in the 118th minute of the game  Germany had scored, I was devastated  by the score. Messi had to score from the free kick just 20 yards out. All of the Argentine fans chanting Messi’s name in the stadium to give him some momentum, ” Bang” the  ball hoisted onto the crossbar and out. By the time the game had ended, I was crying like a baby just because my team lost the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment